As a vacation rental owner, it can be difficult to make sure that you’re using all the resources available to you. Anymore, there are so many options out there for listing and marketing your property, that owners frequently feel overwhelmed with all of their choices. How do you know which steps will be the best to take if you want to make more money from your vacation rental? While there are countless things you can do in an attempt to make more money, we’ve put together a list of the 6 best ways to increase your rental income.
- Have a Website! This is one of the most important steps you can take. Having your own website makes your property stand out from the rest. You can include all the information and pictures that you want, without facing any of the limitations that you may encounter when using a listing site.
- Sell Other Products in Addition to Your Lodging. Perhaps your vacation rental is located in a ski destination. If so, a good way to get some extra money is by partnering with a local ski shop and getting a commission when you drive business their way. Another option is to set up a program with a travel insurance company so that you can sell that insurance to your guests.
- Engage in Email Marketing. Email marketing is one of the best ways to re-engage with previous customers. Your email newsletters will keep them informed and interested in your property. If you’re not currently using email marketing, you should start now!
- Get Reviews from Previous Guests. Getting good reviews from past guests is a surefire way to increase interest in your home. People are more likely to reach out to you if other travelers enjoyed staying in your property and took the time to write about it.
- Set Up Your Vacation Rental on Google Business. Surprisingly, most vacation rental owners do not do this. But, it’s one of the easiest and cheapest ways to get your business to the top of Google search results and displayed on Google maps.
- Allow Guests to Book on Your Site with a Credit Card. There’s a reason why online shopping is so popular – it’s easy, fast, and secure. Prospective guests want this same ease when they’re booking a vacation rental online.